- Difference between macro and micro economics - It's more than just size. A look at how macro economics evolved in the 1930s, in response to the Great depression and macro disequilibrium
- The UK Unemployment Mystery - why is unemployment falling, as we head for a triple dip recession?
- The Best form of economic stimulus? - Give it to me, I'll spend it for you. More seriously, a look at how a stimulus in US, 1936 helped.
- Remittances from migrants was three times greater than foreign aid to developing countries. Does this mean aid can fade away?
- Total US debt has actually fallen in past few years. Government spending debt has increased, but private sector debt has fallen at a greater rate.
Total UK debt has risen to over 500% of GDP. One of biggest in world's second only to Japan. Don't panic!
- How bad is government debt? A popular question, but not so straightforward to answer. Why debt can be good or bad depending on when, for what, and how you borrow
- The Treasury View - What the Treasury view is in economics. It is actually a belief of economics that pre-dates the creation of macro-economics. In essence, it means balance the budget at all costs. To a large extent the UK treasury has been following this old fashioned 'Treasury view'
- High Street shopping and buying online. Is window shopping on the high street becoming a free rider problem?