After we enter a recession, we inevitably start looking for people to blame. Everyone becomes an expert on what we could have done to avoid the recession. Yet, it wasn't so long ago people (especially Gordon Brown) were talking of a new era which had transcended the boom and bust economic cycle of previous decades. To some extent he was right, we at least didn't have an economic boom this time.
Are recessions inevitable?
First, some examples of recessions
Examples of Recession
- The Great Depression
- UK Recession of 1981
- UK Recession of 1991-92
- Why is US Facing Recession - 2008
- Whose Fault is the Recession - 2008
- Can Recessions be Avoided?
Causes of Recessions
- Video on Causes of Current Recession
- Causes of Great Depression
- How Long Do Recessions Last?
- Do Free Markets cause Recession?
- Why Recessions can Last a Long Time
- How To Survive a Recession
- Causes of Recession - what you would write in an A Level essay
- Do Falling share prices cause Recession?
Dealing With Recessions
- Can US and UK avoid Recession? (Jan 08)
- How To Avoid Recessions
- Can Tax Cuts Avoid A Recession
- Problems in Recovering from Recessions