- Bankers vs People - Another look at the role of bankers in current crisis. When the economy experiences real difficulties it can become tempting to lay blame on a particular groups of people (and bankers make an attractive target). Have your say.
- In a week when UK inflation reached 5%, a look at whether The Bank of England should worry about inflation?
- Pros and cons of inequality - the extent to which inequality is desirable in a free market economy.
- Is it possible to have negative interest rates? - The difficulties of monetary policy when interest rates reach 0%
- Is inflation caused by economic growth?
- Could you explain pegging currency to dollar? - a look at how and why China pegs its currency to the dollar.
- Chain Weighted inflation measure - If the price of a good rises, we tend to switch to cheaper goods and don't buy the more expensive ones, therefore according to this measure, conventional inflation arguably over-estimate inflation rates. (not good news for those who have benefits set by RPI and feel it underestimates changes in living costs
Don't forget you're always welcome to ask economics question